tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 02 18:45:47 1999

RE: about me (KLBC)

jatlh Bill Longton:

> 'avwI' jIH.

maj. You could even be more specific and say <bIghHa' 'avwI' jIH>.

> wejmaHchorgh DISmey qan jIH.

When talking about ages, Klingon does not work like English. To say "I am X
years old" in Klingon, you say "I was born X years ago.", so you would say
<wejmaH chorgh ben jIbogh>.

> SawbejtaH jIH.

You missed the prefix on the verb <Saw>. Since you are the one who is
married, it should be <jI->.

<Saw> is a verb meaning "marry", so it describes what you did at your
wedding, but not the ongoing process of being married. That's OK, though -
you just have to change the aspect suffix you used. Instead of saying
<jISawbejtaH>, just say <jISawbejta'> - "I have (intentionally) married".

> wej puqpu' jighaj, cha' puqbe'pu' 'ej wa' puqloD.

maj.

The three children are the object of the verb <ghaj>, so you need to use the
<vI-> prefix rather than <jI->. Also, the conjunction <'ej> is only used
when joining sentences, as in <jIghung 'ej jI'oj> - "I am hungry and I am
thirsty". When joining nouns, use the conjunction <je>, and put it after the
nouns.

wej puqpu' vIghaj: cha' puqbe'pu', wa' puqloD je.

> wej DISmey ghaH 'e' puqloDwI'.
> puqbe' wa'DIch wa'maH vagh DISmey qan ghaH
> 'ej puqloD cha'DIch wa'maHwej DISmey qan ghaH.

Same comments here about ages:

wej ben bogh puqloDwI'.
wa'maH vagh ben bogh puqbe'wI' wa'DIch 'ej
wa'maH wej ben bogh puqbe'wI' cha'DIch.

> <I am a prison guard. I am 38 years old. I am definately
> married. I have 3 children, 2 daughters and 1 son. My son
> is 3 years old. My 1st daughter is 15 years old and my
> 2nd daughter is 13 years old.>

DIvI' Hol mu'mey Dachelmo' qatlho'. Qu'wIj DangeDmoH.
Thanks for adding the English as well. It makes my job easier.

batlh qorDu'lIj DaDelta'.
Good first post. Keep it up!

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian