tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 01 19:34:12 1999

Re: Attending a school (was RE: Daq vIDabbogh vIchoH)

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999 21:44:10 -0400 Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' Holtej:
> >...qen DuSaQ chu' SuchchoH (*),...
> >* Do we have a better way to describe attending a school?
>
> DuSaQ chu'Daq qeqchoH?  DuSaq chu'Daq qImchoH?
>
> The concept of "attend" is one that doesn't closely map to any of the
> vocabulary I can think of.  {qIm} seems to work about the best of any
> of my attempts.

My reflex is to go with {jeS}. {qIm} works only partly, since it
does not associate the purpose of the school with the stuff one
is paying attention to. {Such} similarly doesn't cut it because
it does not carry any sense of purpose. The mission is always
important to a Klingon, so I'd expect {jeS} to describe what one
does in a new school.

> -- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level