tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 29 15:31:46 1999

RE: Can't you post the translation with the klingon text please?

jatlh Lt. Ryo Saeba:

> RE: Can't you post the translation with the klingon text please?

I don't think you realize what you are asking. A lot of us post Klingon
messages without ever thinking about the English translation. Including a
full translation every time would turn posting to the list from a fun
activity into a chore. Some people do include a SKI (Summary for the Klingon
Impaired) section in their messages.

Besides, one of the best ways to learn Klingon is to read the all Klingon
messages and struggle through them, trying to figure out what they mean. If
you have an English translation within easy reach, you probably won't put in
the effort to figure out the Klingon.

If you're really interested in the English translation, I suggest trying to
translate it yourself. If you have any problems, write to the list. The
original poster is often willing to help, and your friendly neighborhood
beginners' grammarian (that's me) will always be around as well.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ