tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 22 16:59:35 1999

Re: {-vo'} (was Re: Word for "god"?)

On 20-Apr-99, Steven Boozer wrote:

> A more important point is that the Type 5 suffix {-vo'} "from, direction
> away from" is not used for this abstract, metaphorical sense as in
> English.
> Like {-Daq] it refers to motion away from a real, physical location only:

What canon sources states this? Has it been said in canon that {­vo'} and
{­Daq} can *only* be used in the non­abstract senses?

(I myself find this a reasonable conclusion, but wonder if there is any
canon material that explicitly forbids the abstract or metaphorical use of
these suffixes.)

/maHvatlh

--
   Zrajm C Akfohg    www.come.to/dark   Tel:018-500911   Beep:0740-145753
   Uppsala, Sweden   [email protected]    ICQ:16769663     Open:0.00-24.00

Back to archive top level