tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 11 14:02:25 1999

Re: KLBC: Is third time charm?

In a message dated 4/9/1999 5:35:33 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< cha'logh neH vIleghpu' jIH. This is only the second time I've seen them. I
 was working on a reply when this message came. >>

I think this is why we need a better definition of "perfective."  By using
{-pu'} you are indicating that you have already seen them twice before this
second time, according to all I can determine by my linguistics courses
regarding "perfective."

peHruS

Back to archive top level