tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 06 12:28:26 1999

Klingon Drinking song

Greetings.

Khemorex Klinzhai has just celebrated its annual QI'lop. One of my
fellow Klingon beings has compiled a Klingon songbook, with German,
english and klingon songs.
There is one song with a text that she does not know the correct
spelling. I am trying to transcribe the text. I don't know where she has
it from. That what she gave us:

EY IM-TA FEY DE-JA I...
EJAHDAK-SO-TAS GHOS VA SKRAL BYTEEK
EMPA JAJ LA-MOCH JAJ PUSH
JAJ KAHLESS MOLOR-MIGH HOHK-CHEW KOO!

It looks like this is the text for the actors. It also looks like how
actors mispronounce tlhIngan Hol (compare 'ej and EY). There's also a
translation:

And the blood was ankle deep...
And the river Skral ran crimson red
On the day above all days
When Kahless slew evil Molor dead!

Now I tried to figure it out:
{'ej 'ImtaH vay ... 'Iw}
{'ej ...Daq ... ghaS *vaSQal* bIQtIq}
{'em pa' jaj law'mo' jaj puS}
{jaj qeylIS mo'lor mIgh HoHchu'qu'}

Ayone wants to help me?

Quvar muHwI'

P.S.: Ist B'Elora eigentlich auch auf dieser Liste? Ich wollte ihr das
nämlich als kleine Überraschung schicken ;-) Also nicht weitersagen,
gelle!

Back to archive top level