tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 30 22:28:57 1998

RE: KLBC (was:Re: BATLH TLHINGAN HOL VIJATL

lab juDmoS:

> vanlIj vIchegh, jupwI' ! qaleghqa' 'e' vItIv ! HIja', mushDaq
> choqIHpu'. chaq tugh pa'Daq maghomchuqqa'laH.

I don't know if <chegh> can be used this way. I think of <chegh> as "return
(to a place)", as in <juHwIjDaq jIchegh>, and I don't think I've ever seen
an example of it used any other way. I also think <ghom> would be better
than <legh> in the second sentence. If you are using <pa'> to mean "there",
the suffix <-Daq> should not be used, since its meaning is sort of inherent
in the word. <pa'Daq> can only mean "in the room". Of course, if that is
what you meant, it is fine.

Finally, very nice job on the suffix order in the last sentence.
Misarrangement of suffixes is among the most common mistakes I see on the
list, especially when the Klingon suffix order is at odds with the English
translation.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level