tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 29 10:24:11 1998

Re: walls

><< lab DloraH:
>
> > has anyone found a good way to express "wall"?
> > we have floor, window, door.
>
> *ALERT* The following is *WILD SPECULATION* on my part. Do with it what you
> will.
>
> I have always had a theory that <Som>, which means "hull", is also used to
> for the outer walls of a building, and that there is another word which we
> do not yet know that means "bulkhead" or "interior wall".
>
> pagh >>
>
>mu' {veH} lulo' tuq veSqa' nuvpu'
>
>Duj yub 'oS mu' {Som} 'e' vIHar
>
>peHruS

I suppose I could give more context...
Some of the usage would be for the exterior wall; I do kind of like the Som idea
Other usage is a wall around a city.  In the ancient days whole cities had
great walls built around them for protection.

Ideas?

DloraH

Back to archive top level