tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 25 23:55:17 1998

Re: DS9 and the Future of the Klingon Empire

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, mphilli1 wrote:

> >Yes, that is the only option... and yes, it is... but I don't think it
> >will
> >happen till the end of this season or somewhere in the next... I can't
> >remember.
>
> >Voyager's coming back to the Federation.

!
!
!

> well from what i have heard and read, Voyager is not or will ever be back
> with the federation. if they find their way home then the basic consept of
> the show is over. it was planned long before the show aired for them to
> never make it home till the end of the show going off the air.

	Rumors have it that the Dominion will discover Voyager right on
the border of Alpha, and they will be home in the first DS9 film in 2
years (end of Voy coincides with first of 3 DS9 movies).  Another rumor
states that Kate Mulgrew's contract runs out in 2000 so she might not be
back for films.

> as for DS9, no plans are made for any movies or continued ep after this
> season. it will just end. worf will be transfered to the enterprise to
> continue making movies and so far there are no plans to start a new star
> trek show of any kind. star trek has been on a slow decline since the next
> gen. was taken off the air and it continues to this day. i believe with
> the increased viewers for B-5 has something to do with it. but then again
> today was the last ep of B-5 to air. the crusades as been delayed to air
> till june do to tnt basketball. though the sci-fi channel is soon to start
> their own new series: invasion earth.
>
> over all any good klingon watching will be only on the big screen and we
> are force to watch voyager in hope of some klingon stuff that will never
> come. so far voyager has barely been able to stay on the air with it's
> poorly writen and acted eps. i for one dont look for it to stay on the air
> for more than 1 or 2 seasons more. now if they were smart, they would
> start a new star trek series staring klingons or have a strong klingon
> showing and background. but then again that would be giving the viewers
> what they want and that's just not going to happen now a days. any worth
> wild klingon stuff will from now on only be in novels and other books of
> star trek...

Ahhh... but what if we get a pre-TOS show dealing with the founding of the
Federation and the first contacts with the Klingons, Romulans, etc? We
haven't seen those yet, have we? :>

> yes a sad day indeed...

A warrior without tears has no need to weep.

	--da laffin tlhIngan :>

Back to archive top level