tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 25 08:15:52 1998

Re: opera: freeze

It really helps to get these things in context. Okrand had to
give us definitions in brief little glosses because he had over
2,000 words to give us and he needed each one to be versatile
for his own future usage. Meanwhile, when we deal with each
other, we have the option of using whole sentences, which is a
LOT clearer than these little glosses.

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:50:18 -0800 (PST) "Lieven L. Litaer"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> taD - be frozen

taD bIQtIq. The river is frozen.

> taDmoH - freeze (cause to be frozen)

bIQtIq taDmoH muD bIrqu'. The very cold weather freezes the
river.

> My question:
> taDchoH - freeze? (-> change to be frozen)

wa'Hu' taDchoH bIQtIq. DaHjaj taDlI' bIQtIq. Yesterday, the
river froze. Today, it remains frozen, though someday, it will
definitely thaw.

The implications of Klingon affixes adds a lot of meaning to a
sentence in a very concise form.

> Yes or no? Sounds okay to me.
>
> muHwI'

charghwI' 'utlh