tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 31 13:30:16 1998

Re: How big is the vocabulary?

> > MO said many more words could be listed with suffixes but he didn't
feel it
> > necessary to clearify every combination (plus limited book size).  He
listed
> > the suffixed words that he did for us to use as examples, to make us
open
> > our minds to how ideas can be expressed by expanding our vocabulary
with
> > suffixed words.
>
> Well, he had another reason than just to give us samples.
> {ghojmoH} is listed because English has a separate word for
> "teach" and if you wanted to look up the Klingon word for
> "teach" and Okrand didn't include {ghojmoH} in the word list,
> you likely would think Klingon didn't have a word for "teach".
> You might not, independently, recognize that "teach" is "cause
> to learn" and look up the word for "learn".
>
> > DloraH
>
> charghwI'

could we not use this as a qualifier for counting words, ie: if there is a
literal translation for an english word, thats one word.....???

just a thought....

boSo' maw'Ha'qu'
(http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~grangenc)

Back to archive top level