tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 27 13:17:13 1998

KLBC: qech ngo'

I finally found the time to post again! I hope it's understandable.
There are a lot of impersonal subjects in it. Please have a closer look
at it.

qech ngo'

DaHjaj DuSaQDaq *Plinius* qup ghItlh vIlaDta'. moQ 'oH tera''e' 'e'
ja'mo' mumer.
jIQub: rInpa' *botlh poH*, tera' qellu'DI' beQ tera' net Qub.
'ach jImujba'. vaj De' vIlaD.
ngo' moQ qech.
cha'SaD loSvatlh ben lughov *Greece* Hovtejpu'. qaStaHvIS poH nI'
qechvam luqel Hovtejpu' law' 'ej lu'ol. 'ach qaStaHvIS *botlh poH*
ngermeychaj lulIjlu'. beQ tera' net Qubqa'. vaghvatlh ben tagh
lengwI'pu' le' poH. pay' ngermey ngo' luqawlu'. noy *Copernicus*
*Galilei* je pongmey. Sov ngo' luSamqa'ta' chaH. vaj ngermey chu'
chenmoHlaH.

An old idea

Today I've read a text of Plinius the elder at school. It surprised me
because he said that the earth was a sphere.
I thought: When the earth was considered before the Middle Ages ended,
one thought it was flat (is the use of {net} appropriate here?).
But I was obviously wrong. So I read information.
The idea of a sphere is old.
Greek astronomers recognized it 2400 years ago. During a long time many
astronomers considered this idea and verified it. But in the Middle Ages
their theories were forgotten. They thought again that the earth was
flat ({net} question again). 500 years ago the time of the great
discoverers ("the exceptional travelles" - I know the word {Dun}, I just
don't like it for this idea. Other opinions?) began. Suddenly they
(impersonal) remembered the old theories. The names of Copernicus and
Galilei are famous. They had found again the old knowledge. So they
could make up new theories.

HovqIj

Back to archive top level