tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 22 05:25:38 1998

Re: Klingon Encyclopedia

Stardate 9803.22

Greetings.

In light of the recent discussion of a "Klingon Encyclopedia", I have
chosen to share information about a project on which I am working.

I have been an owner and user of every incarnation of the "Star Trek
Encyclopedia", including printed and electronic formats, up to the most
recent version of the Star Trek Encyclopedia which is available on 4
CD-ROMs and includes information as current as First Contact and Seven
of Nine.

As a personal project I have assigned myself, I am assembling all the
entries that pertain to Klingon individuals, ships, locations, rituals
and customs, language, technology, etc. into a document which I am
calling my "Unofficial Klingon Encyclopedia".

Having begun only yesterday (after re-installing the Encyclopedia onto a
zip-disc), I have assembled the majority of the entries for the letter
"A" into a text document (.doc), but I am contemplating whether or not I
should render it in HTML format for easy cross-referencing and internal
linking.

Where needed, I have made corrections to some entries, like the ones
that spell tlhIngan Hol words incorrectly. Such corrections will be
noted in the final draft of this work.

This project is intended to be resource for myself and my friends only,
and will not be widely distributed to the general public; however, if
you are interested in storing a back-up to this document, to help me
protect against losing this file to a hard-drive crash, let me know by
email or ICQ.

I ask anyone even remotely interested in my personal project to let your
voice be heard, as I am interested in hearing as much feed-back as
possible.

ghItlhwIj DaneHchugh vaj DatlhobmeH jIHvaD jabbI'ID yIngeH.

yIlaD 'ej yIghoj!

Qapla'

pItlh.

Klingon Ambassador,