tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 19 17:33:57 1998

Re: My Handle...

>My terran handle is Bozo the Really Sane...
>can anyone help with correct translations
>here's what i have so far...
>no zed's in tlhingan, so Bozo becomes boso
>
>i couldn't find sane, so here's my cringeifying attempt
>really healthy mind = yabpIv'a'
>
>so .:
>
>boso yabpIv'a'
>
>help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I read that I see a N-N construction.  The main subject is a healthy
brain, which happens to belong to boSo (S, not s. (capital)).
boSo's healthy brain.  The healthy brain of boSo.
In a N-N the second noun is the one being modified.
In a N-V the first noun is the one being modified.
[Really sane] is a verb
[yabpIv'a'] umm...hmmm...opps, you made a noun-verb compound.  You can't do
that; in a proper grammatical sentence you can't do that anyways.  As a
"name" you can pretty much do what you want.

There is a word for crazy - maw'.  Put a -be' on there...
boSo maw'be'
boSo the [not crazy] -- boSo the Sane.

(I'm sure others will give you some ideas also)

DloraH
www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro
pa' tlhIngan yanmey tu'lu'
(last updated: 22 Jan 98)