tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 18 06:29:15 1998

Re: spam

> : >EMAIL MARKETING WORKS!!
> :
> : This is coming with More and More regularity.  Is there a problem with making
> : the list so that only members can post messages?
> :
> : tevram
>
> How do you know it wasn't posted by a member of the list?  Can someone post
> to a mailing list if they have the listserv's address without actually
> subscribing to it?

Yes - I've even taken advantage of that at times.  Unsubscribing to the
list, then following the group with the hypermail archive at www.kli.org
and posting replies to the group, without being a member.

** joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]    **
****   Hegh tI, 'ej ngab tI naH, 'ach reH taHtaH joH'a'ma' mu'****
**"The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our **
** God stands forever." Isaiah 40.8 NLT** http://umn.edu/~joela **
**http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon/uta: The Universal Translator**

Back to archive top level