tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 09 08:59:51 1998

Re: Picking a name?

: From [Voragh]:
: >I must admit, I did the same thing, not that MO would have heard of me. I
: >couldn't afford to attend the last two qep'a'mey which he also visited. So
: >far we have {vor} and {veragh}. I am still unique.  {{;-P
:
: More to the point, your name isn't made up of other words, doesn't seem to
: make any pun, and is multisyllabic.  The odds of Okrand inventing such a
: word on his own are small.  Most of his multisyllabic words fall into one of
: these categories.
:
: SuStel

All true, Stormcrow.  When I came up with my "nom de klin", I carefully
avoided translations, puns and compound words.  I wanted something easily (I
hope) identifiable as a Klingon *name*.  And keep in mind that MO seems to
be producing more bisyllabic nouns lately; KGT has quite a few of them.
{veragh} "rivet" is close enough to "Voragh" that I've already been asked
about it a few times.

Voragh

Back to archive top level