tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 06 10:00:18 1998

Re: universal message <fwd>

A local ISP ran an ad claiming that their staff spoke a lot of
languages, but geek wasn't one of them. They listed Klingon as
one of those languages, so I wrote them. They asked if they
could run my message and their response in another ad.

Their response was Klinglish gibberish which I rewrote and
offered to them. They accepted. Except for dropping {net maq}
from the end of my first sentence, they got my part right,
anyway.

--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Will,

Here's what we're running - the ad is just about on the way to the
newspaper as we speak - it's a tiny ad so your we had to snip off your
signoff and name in Klingon, but your Earth name appears as noted -

Thanks again!

Chuck

Klingon:
*C'ville Review*Daq tlhIngan Hol jatlh *Cornerstone*Daq vumbogh vay'.
vIHon. choyajchugh vaj HIjang! choyajbe'chugh vaj bInep 'ejbIHegh 'e'
Daqotlh... 'ach tera'ngan chutmo', bIyIn 'e' vIchaw'nIS ...
E-Mail from Will Martin, ITC at UVa

Cornerstone Response:
pIQorgh, ghotwI' QaQ, 'ach yItuv! wej tlhIngan
Hol yajchu' mughwI'ma'.

E-mail us for the translation!

charghwI'

Back to archive top level