tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 20 19:00:12 1998

Re: qep'a' word list

From: TPO <[email protected]>
>Daq is also a noun, so nuqDaq would be a noun-noun, or in this case closer
>to pronoun-noun (uh, err, something).

A noun-noun is the possessive formation.  You mean a compound noun.

It *might* be some sort of compound, either a modern one or an archaic one.
It may not be a relevant one anymore.

>maH Daq - our location / the location of us.

That would probably be {Daqmaj}, unless {Daq} works the same as {Dung} and
{bIng}.

>nuqDaq - the what's location / the location of what.

Oh, I see what you're getting at.  {nuq Daq} would turn out as "the
location's what?" which isn't what is being asked.  That is, if this were
legit, which I don't think it is.

SuStel
Stardate 98468.3

Back to archive top level