tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 18 22:38:13 1998

Re: List of Klingon fauna

ja' Voragh:
>When {pa'} is acting pronominally, it can be translated "where" in English.
>({nuqDaq} is reserved for questions.)  You're right that {pa'} isn't the
>object of a verb in these examples, but it is clearly being used as a
>pronoun.

With a suitably vague definition of "pronoun", I might agree with you.

>I couldn't find any examples of {naDev} used in this fashion, though.

{jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'}, perhaps?  The grammar used to construct
this phrase is obscure at best, completely arbitrary at worst, and
likely archaic and not useful for use in constructing our own phrases,
but it at least *looks* like {naDev} is the object of {vISovbe'}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level