tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 16 22:27:50 1998

Re: SIS

In a message dated 98-06-15 20:49:31 EDT, SuStel writes:

<< My own analysis, presented some time ago, suggests that the correct way to
 say "all of last week" is {Hogh vebHa' Hoch}.  Just as {nIn Hoch} means "all
 of the fuel" and not "every fuel," {Hogh Hoch} means "all of the week," and
 not "each week."

But, one noun may be modified by only ONE trailer, right?  Unless, because
{Hoch} is not a verb, {Hoch} can follow a noun AND one adjectival (descriptive
verb in use as an adjective, using English grammar terms).  If the noun {Hogh}
may take only one trailer, I suggest {vebHa'bogh Hogh Hoch}.

peHruS

Back to archive top level