tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 16 12:40:58 1998

qep'a' starter vocabulary

I just got my qep'a' mailing, including the vocabulary list I
suggested.  Lawrence did a really nice job of formatting it, and I
didn't notice any glaring errors in my list, yet.

Read over the list, look up anything you don't already know, and see
if you can translate the English examples at the end.

If every beginner knows that vocabulary when he or she arrives, and
every experienced speaker knows that those are the words to expect a
beginner to know, we can start speaking Klingon as soon as we arrive,
with a reasonable hope of being understood.

If you see any errors or have any questions about the handout, please
post here.  If you want to practice writing sentences with the
vocabulary go right ahead, but I suggest you instead sit before a
mirror and practice *saying* sentences.  Pretend your reflection is a
person at qep'a' and strike up a conversation.

Be prepared to answer "HIja'!" and then prove it, when I ask you
"tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?"

qep'a'Daq maghomchuqjaj!