tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 10 17:53:41 1998

(KLBC) RE: Story

Adam wrote:

>I got bored and I wrote this story.It is translated in the ().

Greetings, Adam.

My name is pagh. Since Qov, the mailing list Beginners' Grammarian, is
away, I am filling in. It's my job to help beginners and correct their
posts. In the future, you should mark posts for the Beginners'
Grammarian with "KLBC" in the subject header.

> {klingon 1}nuqneH (what do you want)
> {klingon 2}nuqjatlh? (huh?)
> {1}nuqneH (what do you want)
> {2}bortas (revenge)
> {1}nuqjatlh?(huh)
> {2}[calls {1} a]Doghwal(person which is silly)

That would be {DoghwI'}. Read The Klingon Dictionary section 4.2.9 (page
44) to find out more about the suffix {-wI'}

>[klingon 1 spits in his face and says]
>Hab SoSlI' Quch!(Your mother has a flat forehead)
>|powerful insult|

Powerful indeed.

>[the two klingons fight till {2} kills {1} }
>{2}jIyIn!(I live)

Good job for a first post. Next time, try some more complex sentences.
And if you're really up for a challenge, try the stage directions in
Klingon too.

pagh
Temporary Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level