tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 09 19:25:44 1998

Re: Schoolbook

From: [email protected] <[email protected]>

>In a message dated 98-06-09 00:49:04 EDT, ghunchu'wI' writes:
>
><< I also think we've had clarification that {-Daq} applies *only* to
> physical location, and being "in" a house or clan probably doesn't
> qualify. >>
>
>Then, this means we cannot XDaq jIqIm or XDaq jIjeS.  Is that not right?
>Unless we are paying attention -Daq a place or participating -Daq a
physical
>location.  This unresolves some claims.

XDaq jIqIm
I pay attention at location X.  I am at location X and I pay attention.  My
paying attention happens at location X.

NOT "I pay attention TO event X."

XDaq jIjeS
I participate at location X.  I am at location X and I participate.  My
participation happens at location X.

NOT "I participate IN event X."

You can say these, but they don't mean what you think they mean.

SuStel
Stardate 98438.8

Back to archive top level