tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 06 09:53:05 1998

Re: SFA: chovnatlh le'

>Holtej writes:
>> I just picked up a copy (a bit late, I know) of Starfleet Acadamy, the
>> Special Issue written in Klingon by ghunchu'wI' and SuStel.  Very nice
>> read, you guys are definitely to be congratulated!
>
>As one who is only slightly embarrassed to display his ignorance, could
>you fill me in as to what your are talking about? It sounds interesting.
>
>QonaH

bISovbe'mo' yItuHQo'!  I believe this was published before you joined the
list.  The {chovnatlh le'} is a "special issue" of the Marvel comic book
"Starfleet Academy" which was translated into tlhIngan Hol by our very own
ghunchu'wI' and Sustel.  I've appended some old posts that will explain:

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Alan Anderson wrote:

>>Since there are no comic vendors in my neighborhood, I'm going to have
>>to special order this through my local book store. Could someone kindly
>>provide the necessary information...?
>
> STAR TREK(R) STARFLEET ACADEMY(tm): Vol. 1, No. 18, May, 1998.
> (ISSN #1083-4472) Published by MARVEL COMICS.
>
>Issue #18 is printed in two editions.  The first one was officially made
>available on March 18, and has Klingon text.  The barcode on the front of
>the Klingon Language Edition is 7 59606 03669 1 (01811).  The second one,
>published a week later on March 25, is in English.  Its front cover barcode
>is 7 59606 03669 1 (01821).
>
>List price for each is $1.99 US, $2.80 CAN.

If you're a beginner, I highly recommend getting both.  You may have to
special order the Klingon edition, as I'm told that some comic dealers are
reluctant to stock it lest it not sell.

Voragh

Back to archive top level