tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 06 09:05:09 1998

Re: SFA: chovnatlh le'

>There's one puzzling phrase, though, and I just can't seem to make any sense
>of it at all.  When Omega Squadron lures the First Cardre into the Jem Hadar
>derelict, Decker says /repuSchu'ta'/.  The translation in the English
>edition is "Now we've got you right where we want you."  I just can't figure
>out what /repuS/ "we are few you(pl)" could possibly mean.
>
>--Holtej

{puS}  "sight (with gunsight)" (v)

    tlha'a HoD, DoS wIpuSta'.
    Captain Klaa, we have a target in sight. (ST5)

I'm surprised you didn't look it up in the TKD glossary (p. 101).  It's easy
to forget about the lesser-known homonyms.

Voragh

Back to archive top level