tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 18 15:12:14 1998

Re: -pu'

From: Anthony Appleyard <[email protected]>

>  [email protected] (Alan Anderson) wrote:-
>> Do you want all existing copies of TKD to be recalled and destroyed
because
>> they aren't clear enough?
>  jItlhIj. Qo'. 'ach lI', (copy)mey nablu'taHbogh (print)lu'bogh
>lughmoHlu'chugh
>  Sorry. No. Only, it would help if future printings of it were revised.

ghobe'.  'ach lI', latlh chu' lughItlhlu'bogh lulughmoHlu'chugh.

{Qo'} is not used for "negative," which is what you meant here.  {Qo'} means
"I won't!," or "I refuse!"

You've got two {-bogh} clauses on a single noun, with no conjunction.

Finally, I deleted the {jItlhIj} because it seems particularly unKlingon in
this context, not because it is ungrammatical.

>> The proper explanation is obvious in the audiotapes.
>  paq mob je' ghotpu' law', ghogh (tape)mey je'be'.

An "alone book"?

paq neH luje' ghot law'.  ghogh much je'be' chaH.
Many people buy only the book.  They do not buy the voice presentations.

{ghogh much} seems to work for me.  How about anyone else?

>> What in the world is "future aspect"?
>  I meant the "not yet started" aspect.

Klingon doesn't have a "not yet started" aspect.

wej jISuvchoHta'!
I have not yet begun to fight!

also

I had not yet begun to fight!