tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 16 10:20:26 1998

KLBC suffixes

Qov said I needed to practise my V9 suffixes so I've practised all the types.  Boring.... bear with me!

V1  jIqIp'egh  (I hit myself)
        maqIpchuq  (we hit eachother)
V2   maSoprup  (we are ready to eat)
        SajwIj Daje'vIp (you are afraid to feed my pet)
V3   Dah Du' maghoschoH  (now we proceed to the farm)
       loDnI'wI' vIqotlhqa'   (I tickle my brother again)  (those were the days...he's 6'2" & 150lbs heavier than me         	                                                                                                                                                                      now!)
V4  not sure about the concept here.....
       QumwI' vIchermoH (I set up a communications device)
V5  vIchoplu'  (something bites me)
       tachDaq SuvwI'pu' tu'lu'  (there are warriors in the bar)
       juHwIjDaq targh leghlu'  (someone sees a targh in my home)
V6  qaleghchu'  (I clearly see you)
       puq rojlaw'  ( the child is apparently sick)
V7  paqvam vIlaDpu'  (I have read this book)
      wep vIje'ta'  (I have bought the coat!)
      tajwIj vISaY'taH  (I am cleaning my knife)
      paqvam vIlaDlI'  (I am reading this book)(in anticipation of finishing it)
V8  qaqIHneS  (I am honored to meet you (1st time meeting))
V9  here goes....!
      lojmIt DaSoQmoH qajatlhDI'  (close the door when I tell you)
      bIjachchugh vaj qaqIpqa'  (if you shout out I will hit you again)
      HIjatlh qaqIppa'  (speak, before I hit you)
      jISoptaHvIS chobomlaH  (while I am eating you can sing to me)
      not sure about 'bogh'......weplIj nIHpu'bogh loD vIleghpu'  (I saw the man who (which)stole your coat)
      ditto 'meH'.....waqmeyvam vItoQmeH vISaY'taH  (I am cleaning these shoes in order to wear them)
	word order doesn't seem right somehow...
     qaHoH qaparmo'  (because I dislike you, I will kill you)
     wa'leS DaleghmeH bIyInjaj  (May you live to see tomorrow)
     'ghach'...er...I'm guessing here...
    	ghojmoH  -  instruct
	ghojmoHghach  -  an instruction..?
	ghojmoHghachmeyvam  tI'Ij  (listen to these instructions!)

nuqDaq tlhIngan Quch vIje'?
Where can I buy a Klingon headpiece?   (Quch = forehead, nearest word I could find)
tuQaH'a'?   tlhIngan Sut vIchenmoH 'ej tlhIngan quch vIneH.

Qapla'
maSwov

Back to archive top level