tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 16 06:38:54 1998

Fwd: Re: jIyIntaH

---"William H. Martin" <[email protected]>> wrote:

>> > I know, even {rIntaH}
>> > alone is quite strong, but could I do that for effect?
>>
>> It depends upon the effect you are seeking. If you are seeking
>> the effect of being someone who speaks Klingon well, then the
>> answer is, "No."

>/rIntaH/ muS charghwI' 'e' DaSovnIS, HovqIj.

While that is true, my objection was not to the use of {rIntaH}.
It was to applying it to a verb which itself had {-taH} on it.
Continuous perfective? Why not just use two Type 7 suffixes on
one verb?

==
Qov - Beginners' Grammarian

charghwI'