tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 10 13:23:11 1998

Re: Comic

: As in the picture kind you get in big books that tell stories and not the
: kind which stands up and tells jokes. ;)
:
: i.e.. what could I say for comic book... Something paq...
:
: Chris Lipscombe

We know a bit about Klingon art vocabulary:

  nagh beQ  stone panel (artwork, similar to a painting) (n.) KGT

  rItlh naQ  pigment stick (n.) KGT (slang: nItlh naQ)

  ghItlh  engrave, incise, mark (upon), write (the physical act) (v.)

  DIj  use a pigment stick, paint with pigment stick (v.) KGT

  ngoH  smear; paint using fingers (v.) KGT

  nguv  be dyed, be stained, be tinted (v.) KGT
   - chay' nguv
     How is (it) tinted? [i.e. What color is it?] KGT

  nguvmoH  dye, stain, tint (v.) KGT
   - ret'aq nguvmoH
     He/she stains the knife handle. KGT

So for a "comic" or "illustrated book" I would suggest {paq luDIjmoHlu'bogh}
("a book someone has used a pigment stick on") -- on the model of {to'baj
'uS lughoDlu'bogh} "stuffed tobbaj legs" from Power Klingon.  Not exactly
pithy, however.  Other suggestions?

Voragh                          "Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons    lis est."        - Horace, Ars Poetica

Back to archive top level