tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 08 14:45:05 1998

Pronoun sentences again

SuStel 'oH pongwIj'e'.
My name.  The subject of this sentence is my name.  What is my name, then?
{SuStel 'oH}.

nuq 'oH Dochvam'e'?
This thing.  The subject of this sentence is this thing.  The question is,
{nuq 'oH}?

pu' 'oH Dochvam'e'.
This thing.  The subject of this sentence is this thing.  I asked what this
thing is.  What is it?  {pu' 'oH}.

Dochvam 'oH nuq'e'?
What?  The subject of this sentence is an unknown.  I am trying to determine
the subject.  What is it?  {Dochvam 'oH}.

Dochvam 'oH pu''e'.
A phaser.  The subject of this sentence is a phaser.  What about a phaser?
{Dochvam 'oH}.

loD ghaH yaS'e'.
The officer.  The subject of this sentence is an officer.  What am I saying
about this officer?  {loD ghaH}.

yaS ghaH loD'e'.
A man.  The subject of this sentence is a man.  What am I saying about a
man?  {yaS ghaH}.

'entepray' yIghoS!
Head for Enterprise!  (This sentence has nothing at all to do with aiming
weapons or using targeting systems.  It is simply an order to head for the
Enterprise.)

'entepray' 'oH DoS'e'!
The target.  The subject of this sentence is the target.  No one was talking
about a target before, but now I am and it is the subject of this sentence.
What do I want to say about this target?  {'entepray' 'oH}.

SuStel
Stardate 98515.6

Back to archive top level