tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 31 17:37:21 1998

qe'San on SIS (Was: no subject)

At 12:38 98-01-31 -0800, qe'San wrote:

}I thought that one translation of SIS would be "it rain(s)" whereas
}SISlu' would be "its raining".

YES!!!  Damn good.  I wish I had said that.  It's what I meant, honest.

}Water(n) (what we call rain(n)) comes from a cloud which is in the
}sky. However, can you say that either of them are actually committing
}the action of rain (v). I don't think so; they might cause it however.
}Again the one thing (but not necessarily the only thing)I can see that
}carries out this action is the weather.

bIyajchu' 'ej bIjatlhchu' je.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level