tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 13 22:04:40 1998

Re: -bogh (again) as stative

>SuStel
>Stardate 98120.8
>
>P.S.: Okay, I'll admit it, there IS a way to do this, but it would almost
>certainly be misunderstood by a Klingon speaker.
>
>laSvargh jupwI' ghaHbogh pIn'e' wISuch.
>
>Putting it in parenthesis to clarify:
>
>laSvargh (jupwI' ghaHbogh pIn'e') wISuch.
>
>The relative clause acts as the second noun in the Noun-Noun construction.
>REPEAT: DON'T ACTUALLY USE THIS SENTENCE.  YOU WILL BE MISUNDERSTOOD.

These say "we visit the director..."

He said he visits the *factory* which his friend happens to be the director of.

>>1. We visit the factory - laSvargh wISuch
>>2. The director of the factory is my friend - jupwI' ghaH laSvargh pIn
>tIn'e'
>>
>>We visit the factory which director is my friend.

Is this what you meant by it would be misunderstood?

DloraH
www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro
pa' tlhIngan yanmey tu'lu'
(last updated: 22 Jan 98)