tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 03 09:23:56 1998

Re: QonoS ra'wI' QIv baroS

>}De' De'wI' wISuqmeH...
>In order to get an information computer? What's that?
Oops! That should be <De'wI' De'>, the computer's information.

>} jabbI'ID rInmoH *BJ*, 'ej vIcheghmoH.
>  You could say here {De' lI'chu' *BJ*} or another verbal construction
indicating >complete sending, rather than using a noun to describe an action.
I was trying to indicate a downloading of information from the computer, and
in my first re-write I've changed this to <De' Hev rInmoH *BJ*>, "BJ finished
receiving the data".

>}Do', lupDujHom QIjqu' *Michael* 'ej *Shiloh*Daq macheghlaH.
>lupDujHom SeHlaHbe'mo' nagh QIjnIS'a'?

HIvqa' veqlargh! That ought to read, <QIHqu'be'> ... "Fortunately, Michael
didn't seriously damage the shuttlecraft..." Not only did I typo, I dropped a
<be'>! Oy!

I'll be sure to give the English next time. Thanks ever so much for your
critique of my little log-thing.

Sydney!
a.k.a. Lt. Cdr. Sarah Barrows, Starfleet
"Hey, fella! This is America. I've got the right to not work any time I want!"
-Peter Venkman, The Real Ghostbusters

Back to archive top level