tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 24 13:12:27 1998

Re: KLBC ghop Sop

You've got the word order right now, and you're using the correct
prefixes.  But there were *three* points of correction I listed to
your original posting.  The third was on possessives.  Your sentences
are not ungrammatical, but they don't say what you mean them to.  Here
are possible translations:

---"Michael H. Clawson (toQ pach puqloD)"  wrote:

> ghop Sop
> He ate her hand.
He ate the hand.

> ghop vISopbe'
> I didn't eat your hand.
I didn't eat a hand.

> ghopDu' vISopbe'
> I didn't eat their hands.
I didn't eat the hands.

> ghop vISop 'ej ' 'eyqu'
> I ate his hand and it was very good
I ate the hand and it was very good.

> I was thinking that the subject came first so that is why my sentences
> were coming out wrong.

Yup, I could see that, but you've got them the right way now.  Have
another look at my last response and check out possessives in TKD.

For example, /ghoplIj vISop/ - "I ate your hand."

> I will translate the sentences that you gave me
> and post them very soon.

maj.  You'll probably find them pretty easy, but good practice anyway.
==
Qov - Beginners' Grammarian
"1999 is the penultimate year of the 20th century."