tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 12 12:33:04 1998

Re: i made a mistake in"I need help with Henryvll'vagh"

---Lynn Champlin  wrote:

> i got Henry the 5th conused with Hamlet.I meant was when was the
> pocket book edition of
> the Klingon version of Hamlet be out?

I'll let someone who knows answer this.  My guess is that it will be
more than a year.

> I also need some help translating
> the Tempest into Klingon.Thanks.

It's quite a task.  You need a really excellent command of Klingon
even to start it. See our FAQ at
http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm#2.5 for advice on
translation projects.  If you are really serious about a Shakespeare
translation you should also make sure that no one else is working on
your text.

To show us what level of help you need on the project, test your
translation skills on these:

Look, the targ runs.  Do you see it?
That woman wants to marry this man.
Their fathers will not permit it.
Wherefore art thou Romeo?
Hark, what light at yonder window breaks?
Tomorrow there will be a battle.
Two armies will fight ferociously.
I have no doubt that the men who follow the emperor will triumph.
Et tu Brute?

Add one line from Henry V, along with the English, if you've already
started it.

If you realize that you're not sure how to translate all these, don't
worry.  This list *is* the place to come for advice.
==

Qov - Beginners' Grammarian