tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 11 19:56:34 1998

KLBC - QInwIj Qav Soppu' De'wI' jay'!

KLBC - QInwIj Qav Soppu' De'wI' jay'!

cha'Hu' mu' /-lu'/ QInwIj qeq vIngeHta' 'ach not nargh!  QI'yaH!  vaj
vIngeHqa'ta'.

reH pabqoqwIj vIlughmoH -

ja' Qov:

> > lurSa' be'etor je bIH vIghro'mey'e'.
> >  Lursa and B'Etor are v'gro.
>
> Remember OVS.  You're saying "they (l & b) are v'gro."  Start by
> saying "They're v'gro" and then tack on the explanation of who 'they'
> are.  Ha! I see why you did this: trying to duck the problem of where
> to put /-'e'/ when you had two nouns, weren't you?  I'm surprised you
> didn't just try it and see. :)  I'd put one /-'e'/ on each.
>
> Nice work.

<snicker>  I figured there really isn't a *big* difference between "l &
are v'gro," and "The v'gro are l & b."

> Here are some /-lu'/ sentences to try. (There are other valid ways to
> translate, but use /-lu'/.)
>
> There are five flutes here.

vagh Dov'aghmey lutu'lu'.

> The faction was attacked.

tlhach HIvlu'.

> Kang had his beard trimmed.

qeng rol chIplu'ta'.

> Our culture is being destroyed.

nughmaj Qaw'lu'taH.  (doesn't seem quite right to me, since the culture
can
be destroyed or altered without destroying the society.)yIn buvmaj
Qaw'lu'taH.

> There will be a Ferengi in the bar.

tachDaq verengan tu'lu'.

> Why doesn't this monitor get cleaned?

qatlh jIHvam Say'moHbe'lu'?

> ==
>
> Qov - Beginners' Grammarian

vay' chu':

bImoHchu' SoH.  vaj verengan ngaghta'bogh SoS'e' vay' Darur.
"You are perfectly ugly.  Thus, you resemble someone whose mother has
mated with a Ferengi."

- tuv'el, pach puqloD

Back to archive top level