tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 08 10:06:37 1998

Re: In Which Qov Fixes Foolish Mistakes Made By Lt. Cdr. Barrows

---"Lt. Cdr. Sarah Barrows" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Qov wrote:
> >---"Lt. Cdr. Sarah Barrows" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >'IH maS.  pem Hov wov law' maS wov puS, vaj maS wIbejlaH.
> qaQochbe'chu'. maS vIbejDI', jIDoghchoH. 'e' vIjatlhpu''a'? :)

It's not necessarily true that you may say ?/qaQochbe'/ for "I agree
with you"  The person agreed with isn't the object of the verb, the
way the definition is given.  If /Qochbe'/ said "agree, agree with
(someone)," then you'd know you could do it.  FOr now I treat /Qoch/
like /Qong/ and say that if it has an object, I don't know what it is.
It could be the topic agreed on, for example.

And you do know better than to use /'e' jatlh/ with the object being
the words said.  You meant /jIjatlhpu''a'/ without /'e'/.

Just to stay on topic with that subject line. :)
==

Qov - Beginners' Grammarian