tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 07 12:52:32 1998

RE: KLBC Some slightly complex stuff

: > Another useful verb to remember is {Hu'} "get up", as used in
: > the movies:
: >  - yIHu'!
: >    [Get up! (untranslated)] ST3
: >    The Klingon sergeant says this to a sleeping Saavik as he pulls her to
: >    her feet on the Genesis Planet.
:
: Doesn't he then say, {peHu'}, as he grabs the boy-Spock, too?  :)
:
: --Holtej

I didn't hear it; he may have shouted {yIHu'} again at Spock.  I'll take
another look at this over the weekend.  The line is confirmed - albeit very
distorted - in the closed captions.  Here's the scene from my transcript:

Sgt:    yIHu'!
        [Get up!]                                        (untranslated)
	YIAHUQ!                                              (captions)
        He flung his arms around her and began to squeeze, shouting
	angrily in a dialect of Klingon she did not understand. (novel)

Kruge:  toH. I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do
	I find? A weakling human, a Vulcan boy, and a woman.
	DAH!                                                 (captions)
        "So!" he said. He spoke in Standard, but his faint accent did
	 nothing to disguise his impatience. "I have come a long way
	 for the power of Genesis and what do I find?"          (novel)

Sgt:    joHwI'
	 [My lord!]                                      (untranslated)
	 JOHWI'.                                             (captions)

Kruge:  I ordered no interruptions.

Torg:   But sir, Federation starship approaching.     (on communicator)

Kruge:  Bring me up.

Voragh                            Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons     lis est."         Horace (Ars Poetica)

Back to archive top level