tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 05 13:44:48 1998

Re: lopno' - looking for general comment

ja' Qermaq:

> ghItlhpu' HovqIj:
>
> >juHDaj Daq vIDellu'.
>
> 'ej lughmoHmeH ghItlhpu' Qov:
>
> >jIHvaD juHDaj Daq Dellu'
>
> I agree with Qov based solely on conservative treatment of the language.
> When comparing two ways to say the same thing, we must prefer the examples
> which are the least controversial. Not that we can't take chances - I do.
> But if we are considering correctness, short of an explicit rule we must
> simply go with the more conservative approach.

I didn't consider that the prefix trick might be restricted to certain verbs,
probably those which always require two objects. The sentence seemed
understandable to me. Maybe it's a
I-clearly-know-what-it-means-because-I-have-constructed-it case.

> [...]

HovqIj

Back to archive top level