tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 03 06:32:27 1998

Re: List for beginners???

Robyn Stewart wrote:

> --K'ryntes <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Nathan Grange wrote:
>
> Looks like this is private correspondence that hit the list by accident.

vIHech.  Actually, it was intentional. I figured it would be best to post it
where we could get our errors corrected.

> I say majQa'!  SujawtaHvIS tlhIngan Hol bolo'mo' Sughojbej.

vItul.  :)  majQa' is always a good thing to hear from one's teacher!

> > Sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I'm a QelHom (thanks >
> ghunchu'wI')  and I'm
> > suffering from severe sleep deprivation.
>
> It does make sense, it just shows that there are a couple of 'Klingon
> idiom' you need to learn.  And I know it's no fair correcting stuff
> that was private mail written while you were sleep deprived.

Well, I was awfully sleepy......  ;)

Of course, you are absolutely welcome to correct anything I write in any
situation.  I very very much appreciate it and I certainly look forward to
it. :) I certainly need it.

> jImaybe'. :)  We (the BGs whom I've ever chatted to about how great
> our beginners are) would like to see more casual chat between
> beginners posted to the KLBC. If someone writes, "don't correct
> *everything* that's wrong just give me a couple thing to work on" I
> can abide by that, and not interrupt the conversation too much.

By all means, correct everything please. Or else I'll think I'm right and
then the other Klingons will beat me up on the playground because I talk
funny.

> Some of these may be contructions you don't use yet, but you get the
> idea.  Step one is to take the two concepts you have to compare and
> bash them into the shapes of nouns.  Sometimes it's tricky.

bash them....LOL.  Will do.

> yuch QaQ law' yol QaQ puS  - Chocolate is better than conflict
> (Klingon counterculture hippies).  Note how "better" is "more good
> than."

I think this is my new favorite saying! :D I might put it on a tee shirt!

> Lots of examples, hope that helps.

Yes, thank you for the examples. I'll be spending time studying them over
the next couple days then I'll post some practice shots.

qatlho'
K'ryntes
yuch QaQ law' yol QaQ puS

Back to archive top level