tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 24 17:36:41 1997

Re: KLBC: to work

ghItlh SuStel
>I believe we've got
>
>vavpu'ma' DImuv
>
>in the Klingon Anthem, referring to joining them in the Black Fleet.

I've noticed that that's something of an unintentional Spoonerism, at least
our interpretation of it before: {vavpu'ma' DImuvpa'.}  Well, the {DI-}
isn't necessary, but for them to be the same number of syllables, it fits
well.
Also, we rarely see how good a translator Okrand actually is, but with the
recent English "translation" of The Klingon Anthem, I can tell.  You can
see it almost all through it.
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level