tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 21 12:36:03 1997

Re: KLBC: of/about

In a message dated 97-09-20 11:47:44 EDT, Qermaq and SuStel have discussed:

<< >vay' vIvo' = I propel something.
 >vay' vISop = I eat something.
 >So why not, since it is a physical activity...
 >vay' vIyIt = I walk something.
 >
 >I don't think so. {naj} could easily be intransitive, like {Qong} and
 {ba'} >>

peHruS jIH

jabbI'ID wa'DIch vIghItlhbogh DaH vIchelmeH vIghItlhqa'nIS

Besides stative verbs needing to take {-moH} in order to transitively take
action upon an object, there ARE numerous active verbs which also must take
{-moH}.  Sorry, I did not make that at all clear in my previous post.

Some of you are speculating that {naj} is probably inherently intransitive,
as is {Qong} and {ba'}.  So, here I adjoin the argument that {najmoH} would
translate as "cause sb to dream."

Qapla'     peHruS

Back to archive top level