tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 21 12:18:25 1997

Re: KLBC: of/about

In a message dated 97-09-20 02:49:59 EDT, Qermaq replies to SuStel:

<< >If you're so sure {naj} can take an object, tell me exactly what is
 allowed as
 >that object. Can I say {may' naj}? How about {mu' naj}? Or {tlhIngan Hol
 >naj}? What is the object?

 .. 'e' vIHar = I believe that...

 .. 'e' vItul = I hope that...

 .. 'e' vISov = I know that...

 So why not, since it is a mental activity...

 .. 'e' vInaj = I dream that... >>
-----

peHruS jIH
latlh yol vIjeSmeH jIqet
qep'a' loSDIchDaq jatlhpu' MO     *Stative Verbs* yaHlu'DI' *Object* lajlaH
tlhIngan Hol mu'ghomDaq tu'bogh Hoch wotmey
lajchugh qoj lajbe'chugh SeH wot mojaq
*Object* laj *Stative Verb* neHchugh wot mojaq {-moH} wIlo'nIS

SKI:  Other than Stative Verbs, marked in TKD and KGT by "be .......," MO
said to me at the 4th KLI Conference that all verbs may take an object or
does not need to take an object.  The verb pronomial prefixes determine.  To
get a stative verb to take an object, we affix {-moH}.

Qapla'

Back to archive top level