tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 17 23:53:13 1997

Re: Names

At 05:03 PM 9/16/97 -0700, Qermaq wrote:
>ghItlh Brenda:
>
>>Another Question.... Do Klingon Names Have Meanin's behind.....and If
>>So....is M'Sa'la ...OK For A Name ? (one I came up with....5 yrs
>ago...that sounded "Klingon") and Anyone Got a Suggestion for A Name ?

It sounds just fine to me.

>See Qov's recent post on the phonetics of Klingon. This name isn't wrong,
>but it isn't a true Okrandian-type Klingon name. maSa'la would fit the
>phonetics, though. Does it match your intended pronunciation? If so, you
>might like it. But the choice is yours, of course.

Exactly, lower case {m} and a vowel after it are needed to make the name
Okrandian.  But if you look around here you'll see lots of names that
violate that standard.  You're welcome to keep your five year tradition.

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level