tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 15 13:49:50 1997

Re: yet more KGT puns

At 11:29 AM 9/15/97 -0700, Brenda Weemes wrote:
>I'm Still Learning Klingon...could U translate this into Earth
>English...thanks **GrinS*

Brenda, welcome and I'm glad you're learning Klingon.  Everyone here is
still learning it, too, because we don't know everything there is to know
yet. You've subscribed to the tlhIngan-Hol listserver, which means that you
receive all the messages everyone sends to the list.  Some of them will be
too advanced for a beginner to understand, and you just have to improve your
ability in order to read them.  Usually the postings marked "KLBC" are
beginners' postings, or corrections or conversations for beginners, and will
be easier to read.

I'm Qov, the list Beginners' Grammarian and my job is to help beginners.  I
assume you have the Klingon Dictionary already -- because that's really the
only way to learn.  Have a look through it and try to post a few easy
sentences.  If you put those letters "KLBC" in your message subject, I'll
make sure your work is in proper Klingon, and explain rules that you don't
understand.

The posting you followed up to was a discussion about the best way to say
something like "you have to endure laughing."

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level