tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 14 14:38:23 1997

mung tlhIngan-Hol

tlhIngan-Hol must have similarities of any dead or living language
because there are more than netlh of 'em .

I'm no linguist but I think tlhIngan-Hol must
be of
    incorporating , aggluinative kind .

Or do you know any tlhIngan inflections ?

TlhIngan-Hol lacks big irregulations , which is more a feature of invented
languages .
One features is that it has less than thirty sounds . Nearly
any language on earth has more , but Hawaiian has less than twenty .

What I miss in Klingon and other constructed languages is that they have
all these human linguistic features other human languages have , although
I have to say that Okrand's grammar of tlhIngan-Hol has features which
are completly different from any modern Western language .

Maybe mankind has to meet real aliens so that we can image how an alien
language should look like . It also would be a happy surprise for
every linguist .

I personally think , tlhIngan look too much like humans .

Back to archive top level