tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 13 20:25:34 1997

Re: yet more KGT puns

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Terrence Donnelly wrote:

> The cookbook {jabmeH} was written by J'puq, who I bet is related
> to the Terran cook _J(ulia) Child_.
>
> Reading the new vocabulary is almost embarrassing sometimes. 8+)

HaghtaHghach DaSIQjaj

My wife, who is now coordinating enrichment programs at our daughter's
school was reviewing the curriculum I put together for my Klingon class
last year, and came across my assertion that Okrand had deliberately tried
to make Klingon as "alien" as possible, avoiding excessive borrowing from
any terrestrial language.

"Oh, really?" seems to sum up her response, having heard me go on (and on
and on) about the numerous KGT pun-words....

 ** Four thousand non-Okrand words can be used in a night **
 **      by a laughing Klingon! jItlhaQ! jIHagh!          **
 **         [email protected]* [email protected]      **
 **  [email protected] **http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon **

Back to archive top level