tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 12 21:59:17 1997

KLBC: (Requiem) wej'DIch 'ay'

ba'pu'DI' noHwI' paqna' laDchoHlu'chu'. bIjDaj popDaj joq Hev Hoch

> > One comment I didn't see made relates to the use of -na' here.  When you
> > say "paqna'", you're not really saying "a *particular* book", it means "a
> > book, nothing more or less, definitely a book and not something else[...]
> > Or is that what you meant?  Do other Klingonists read this the same?
>
> I agree.  It seems that the word should be left alone ({paq}), or perhaps even
> given the augmentative suffix ({paq'a'} "great book").

	When I wrote it, I was thinking about the book where all the spirits sins
were written. So the {-na'} refers to THAT book. Or I think we can use
{-'e'} {paq'e'}. I didn't like the ({paq'a'} "great book"), but we can use it
if there isn't any other possibility.

	My time is very short this week and will become shorter in the next.
I just graduated and all cerimonials are happening. I'll resume the
"Requiem" translations as soon as all my activities finish.

__
Eduardo Fonseca  || Belo Horizonte - Brasil
The brazilian' VGA Planets Home Page
http://www.Geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
yIlop! wa'leS chaq bIHegh

Back to archive top level