tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 07 20:11:13 1997

Re: KLBC: HeghvaD nol bom'a' (Requiem)

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 19:52:24 -0700 (PDT)  Marian Schwartz
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ghItlh Qov
> >English tends to use nouns for titles.  Klingon is so verb-based that noun
> >title often look ugly, as this one does.  If you find yourself clutching
> for
> >a {-ghach} in a stand alone noun, consider recasting and using a verb to
> >express the same idea.
>
> In Secret Fighting Arts of the Warrior Race (which I just got at a
> bookstore and am enjoying immensely) HetaQ uses {lIHwI'} for
> "Introduction."
> Qapla'
> qoror

If you look at the "contributors" page, in the fourth paragraph,
you should note that Qov is quite familiar with that book.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level