tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 06 19:25:25 1997

Re: KLBC: *chat-room* tu'lu''a' ?

At 03:14 PM 9/6/97 -0700, muHwI' wrote:
>Is there a private or public klingon chat-room where we can
>speak in klingon through AOL? What about "making" one?
>I noticed there are many AOL-members here...

*AOL* vIlo'be'mo' jIjanglaHbe'.

>chay' *chatroom* mughlu'
>[how is chatroom being translated?]
>
>*chat* vImughchugh vaj {jaw} vIjatlh
>[if I translate "chat" then I say {jaw}]

jaw jIjatlh - The thing said is not the object of the verb of saying.

>*room*vaD {pa'} vIpong
>[for "room" I call it {pa'}]

"For the purpose of the room I call/name {pa'}."

Try {*room* vIpongmeH pa' jIjatlh}  "I say {pa'} to name the room.

>mu' *jawpa'* QaQ'a'
>[the word *jawpa'* is it good?]

QaQ'a' mu' *jawpa'*.
Verb --- Subject

ghobe'.  DIpqoq DachenmoHmeH DIp wot je Datay'moHchugh bIpabbe'. Dap 'oH.

No. You are not following the rules of grammar if you put a verb and a noun
together to make a 'noun'.  It's nonsense.

You could say {jawmeH pa'}.

>latlh mu'mey wIghaj'a'

DIghaj'a' - plural object

Qov  ([email protected])